, , or for your website.
BLISSTOOLUK & America Forum

Register Login Calendar New Posts Chat
 
> Forums > OTHER DETECTOR DISCUSSION'S > Interesting Results
 
Username:  
Password:  
 
   
 


Reply
 
Author Comment
 
Ysbytymike

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/ BLISSTOOLUK Supporter
Registered: 26/03/12
Posts: 498
Reply with quote #1 
There's a video on the Detecting Wales website taken at the Bridgewater Rally which took place yesterday (29th July) where the person taking the vid, buried a small piece of gold at two inches and the new ctx3030  couldn't find it.

This is not knocking these machines at all but its the first time I've seen this machine in action let alone being given a task, so was interesting to watch the results.

RJM

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered: 26/03/12
Posts: 861
Reply with quote #2 

I just watched the video and it reflects what we found with the CTX.

It's up to our Tony if he wants to say more!!! (put it this way, the videos
on here show what the BLISS can do and set the bench mark)

I had a quick go of the CTX and it is extremely well balanced BUT it is still very heavy. The actual performance, in MY opinion, is similar to the E Trac.

I haven't seen a machine to out perform the BLISS v3.

I love my Deus and if I can get a wireless set of headphones to work nicely with the BLISS I will seriously think of selling the Deus! 

You can see from the videos on the gold stater and the groat that the Deus wasn't as good as the BLISS. (I'm trying not to knock the Deus as it outperforms most other machines and it's nice to use)



Paul23

Blisstool Supporter
Registered: 01/04/12
Posts: 338
Reply with quote #3 
Nice video but Bob i was waiting for you to come along and bury that gold piece properly (Not just scratch a hole, my pin pointer would find that.) and then give the Bliss V3 a real go

Paul....
Ysbytymike

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/ BLISSTOOLUK Supporter
Registered: 26/03/12
Posts: 498
Reply with quote #4 
Wasn't Bob doing the filming Paul.

I think he's avoiding doing this type of test on camera as I'm sure any test (regardless of how hard you try to be fair) would be challenged to the minutia, so is not worth the hassle really.
GunnarMN

US Moderator
Registered: 04/05/12
Posts: 361
Reply with quote #5 
lots of people selling them hear , 
RJM

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered: 26/03/12
Posts: 861
Reply with quote #6 

Yes, Mike is correct in that we deliberatley avoided filming the CTX.

I know what would happen.......we'd be accused of 'fixing' it to make the BLISS look good.

All I can say is the BLISS peformed admirably on the gold Stater and hammered Groat. 
Paul23

Blisstool Supporter
Registered: 01/04/12
Posts: 338
Reply with quote #7 
Bob,

Did you get to try the Bliss on the piece of gold the guy buried? looked like a small piece would be interesting. I have been out this afternoon and went over 12" for the smallest button i have ever seen Great to know the detector works but not good on the arms and shoulders with all the digging, I can hardly pick my beer up .

I took an guy out with me today who has not been detecting for a few years and he loved the Blisstool. He was using an arado 120 (Think i have it spelled right). It was a nice machine, did the business and picked up some nice bits and pieces but did lack the pure power of the V3. Still that's another "retired" detectorist back in the fold

Paul...
RJM

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered: 26/03/12
Posts: 861
Reply with quote #8 
Hiya Paul

No, I didn't try the BLISS out on the pure thin section piece of iron age gold.

Our cars were parked under an electricity pylon and when I turned the BLISS on it was pulsing like mad. I even had the same with the Deus and a few other users had the same problem.

I have tried it with the Deus last year and it got a good audio but the numbers were bouncing about from 3/8 to 33/38 !!

This means that if you use the VDI meter there is a good chance you wouldn't dig it, especially as the lowest factory discrimination setting is 6.8!

I have a similar piece of gold at home so when I get a chance I will do a test with it.

To be honest, it is so small that even if I missed it I wouldn't be annoyed. As long as the Deus or BLISS can detect a gold stater, that's all that REALLY matters.

From the videos we did last week, the BLISS can detect a stater at over 10 inches. I don't think you'd miss it detecting as it was such a good clear signal.




Tony Hunt

Avatar / Picture

Moderator BLISSTOOLUK Supporter
Registered: 09/04/12
Posts: 225
Reply with quote #9 
And the other two didn't bob. I didn't realise till you'd gone home that the CTX was in Auto sensitivity but I aint going to make excuses we both failed and the Bliss won superbly, lets leave it at that on the gold coin.
I went back to the down the road field early yesterday morning with the CTX and it was pulling up non ferrous finds all over the place with the small coil on and at reasonable depth.  I had a couple of nice thimbles and several old pennies and halfpennies in just an hour before breakfast.  Tomorrow I will take the Bliss with the big coil for a run out first thing.
The Bliss and the CTX will be my tools for the forseable future.  The Bliss will more than likely have the big coil on permanently because I can see it being the tool to cover some of our Roman hotspots for those extra inches that I dont think the CTX will manage. Like you say its no deeper than the ETrac but its a joy to use bungeed like I do, the weight and balance is perfect plus I intend to do some shallow water detecting in some streams and rivers with it this winter which the bliss wont handle.  I think i now have the perfect combination, the Deus on my Explorer / ETrac worked fields failed miserably thats why I sold it after a few months, it found very little that the ETrac missed so I'm counting on the Bliss to help me out now which I am sure it will after witnessing the latest videos.
Paul23

Blisstool Supporter
Registered: 01/04/12
Posts: 338
Reply with quote #10 
Bob,

There is far less gold in some of the rings i have been testing on, than in the staters and all i can say is that the Blisstool V3 finds these very deep on pasture land and with such a belting signal it is unbelievable.

I know on other forums they were asking if it could hit gold nuggets! I don't see why it couldn't. Don't suppose you or Daryn have a few Gold nuggets under your beds do you .

All the pre buried tests don't give a true reflection of just how good the V3 is ALL the time.

Anyone can set up a test and get a result but the bliss is actually doing this in the field for me now. I am starting to dig buttons at ridiculous depths....

Seems the last few days i have managed to get some real power out of the machine. Lots of playing with the silencer, threshold and DL. This thing just gets better and better.....

Paul....
floridaswingthing

Avatar / Picture

US Moderator
Registered: 18/05/12
Posts: 385
Reply with quote #11 
 Boy that ground looked hard to dig. I know I get spoiled here where its sand.
RJM

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered: 26/03/12
Posts: 861
Reply with quote #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaswingthing
 Boy that ground looked hard to dig. I know I get spoiled here where its sand.


The hardness of the ground was a shock to us after all the rain we've had.

One week of sun and it went like that!

Well, as I speak it's raining again and the forecast isn't good for the rest of thw week. Typical UK weather!
RJM

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered: 26/03/12
Posts: 861
Reply with quote #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul23
Bob,

There is far less gold in some of the rings i have been testing on, than in the staters and all i can say is that the Blisstool V3 finds these very deep on pasture land and with such a belting signal it is unbelievable.

I know on other forums they were asking if it could hit gold nuggets! I don't see why it couldn't. Don't suppose you or Daryn have a few Gold nuggets under your beds do you .

All the pre buried tests don't give a true reflection of just how good the V3 is ALL the time.

Anyone can set up a test and get a result but the bliss is actually doing this in the field for me now. I am starting to dig buttons at ridiculous depths....

Seems the last few days i have managed to get some real power out of the machine. Lots of playing with the silencer, threshold and DL. This thing just gets better and better.....

Paul....



The thing with rings is that the circular shape assists in their detection because of the eddy currents.

The higher the purity of the gold, the more difficult it is to detect, I believe.

I think you'll find these pure gold staters will be more difficult than rings to detect at depth.

RJM

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered: 26/03/12
Posts: 861
Reply with quote #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Hunt
And the other two didn't bob. I didn't realise till you'd gone home that the CTX was in Auto sensitivity but I aint going to make excuses we both failed and the Bliss won superbly, lets leave it at that on the gold coin.
I went back to the down the road field early yesterday morning with the CTX and it was pulling up non ferrous finds all over the place with the small coil on and at reasonable depth.  I had a couple of nice thimbles and several old pennies and halfpennies in just an hour before breakfast.  Tomorrow I will take the Bliss with the big coil for a run out first thing.
The Bliss and the CTX will be my tools for the forseable future.  The Bliss will more than likely have the big coil on permanently because I can see it being the tool to cover some of our Roman hotspots for those extra inches that I dont think the CTX will manage. Like you say its no deeper than the ETrac but its a joy to use bungeed like I do, the weight and balance is perfect plus I intend to do some shallow water detecting in some streams and rivers with it this winter which the bliss wont handle.  I think i now have the perfect combination, the Deus on my Explorer / ETrac worked fields failed miserably thats why I sold it after a few months, it found very little that the ETrac missed so I'm counting on the Bliss to help me out now which I am sure it will after witnessing the latest videos.



I too was a bit miffed with my Deus. I'd have loved nothing more for it to have clearly detected those targets.

It's made me more determined to start using the 15" coil more where possible and polish up on my knowledge of the v3.

I don't know why, but it's doing things that you don't expect from an 8 KHz machine. All Ahmed will tell me is that the SBD system in the v3 corrects things to give us performance over other detectors in every dimension,
including price.


Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: